While the audience enjoyed jazz beneath the trees, Mick - a 2014 Archibald Prize finalist - created an abstract work, inspired by jazz, with his unique, visual interpretation of the rhythms, upbeats and improvisations of the performing musicians.
Mick's painting now hangs on one of the walls of Narrawilly farmhouse, and we're proud to own a work of art that captures our small community's love of art, jazz and education.
- Find out more about Mick Bales on Facebook/MickBalesArt
- Find out more about Escape ARTfest on Facebook/EscapeARTfest
- Find out more about The Budawang School at their website
- Rob would like to thank Dr David Miles, Escape ARTFest, Mick Bales, The Old Church, and all the volunteers, artists and musicians who made the day so special.
- The image of Mick at work on his painting is sourced from Facebook/EscapeARTfest.
- All other images on this blog post are Rob's own.